Awards and Distinctions
Our Awards and Accreditations
- U.S. News & World Report - Recognized as high-performing in services for COPD, Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement & Knee Replacement
- Acute Rehabilitation Center — accredited by The Joint Commission and The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
- Stroke Gold Plus Award — Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke program by the American Heart Association
- Target: Stroke Honor Roll — American Heart Association
- vHeart Sonography Accreditation — Intersocietal accreditation Commission in Echocardiography
- Afib Bronze Award — Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke program by the American Heart Association
- Comprehensive Community Cancer Program — accredited by the Commission on Cancer
- Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksite — American Heart Association
- Baptist Breast Center
- Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence — American College of Radiology
- South Texas Lung Institute
- Lung Cancer Alliance Center of Excellence
- Lung Cancer Screening Center of Excellence — American College of Radiology
- All hospitals are Accredited Chest Pain Centers
Care is more than technology
Our people make the difference in delivering quality, compassionate health care. From admitting to recovery room and everywhere in-between, our highly trained, professional staff has one goal in mind: your well-being.
It’s the people we care for and the dedicated people who make that care possible. That’s Baptist Care.
From delivering babies to repairing hearts to replacing joints, Baptist Health System offers a full-array of high-quality health services delivered with the patient in mind.
We make it easy for you to find out if you’re expecting. Visit one of our many Free Pregnancy Testing Centers located throughout San Antonio. From there, check out our hospitals, which offer state-of-the-art labor and delivery rooms and private postpartum rooms and suites. A complimentary massage and gourmet meal for the new mother add to the reasons to choose Baptist for the birth of your child.
When it comes to caring for your heart, the advanced technology available at Baptist is matched by the compassionate care of our providers. Cardiovascular service at Baptist focuses on prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation. Baptist is proud to be the first and only facility in San Antonio to offer the Stereotaxis Robotic Navigation System for treatment of arrhythmia and to have Accredited Chest Pain Centers at all five hospitals.
When you undergo joint replacement surgery, you sometimes need more than compassionate caregivers and advanced technology. Baptist Orthopedic Specialists understands and can provide a sympathetic ear. At Baptist’s Joint Replacement Clubs, you get support from people who know your pain and, like you, chose to trust their joint replacement to the dedicated staff who focus on patient and family satisfaction, pain management and safety.
High-tech with a human touch
At Baptist, our caregivers work together with the latest technology, including robotically assisted surgery, to produce better results for patients. These high-tech treatments mean a faster recovery, shorter hospital stay and less pain, all from a less invasive procedure. We were the first hospital system in San Antonio to perform robotically assisted surgery. St. Luke's Baptist Hospital was the first U.S. hospital to perform robotically assisted surgery in three different specialties in one day: cardiology, urology and gynecology. We offer state-of-the-art care and straight from the heart caring.