The Unique Baptist Health Experience
What Makes Our Hospitals Different?
Since 1903, Baptist Health System has been involved in the community, caring for the health and spiritual needs of people in San Antonio, South Texas and beyond. We have a strong tradition of providing quality, compassionate health care that puts you and your loved ones first.
Wherever you are in the greater San Antonio area, you’ll find consistent, quality care at our hospitals. All five of our facilities have accredited Chest Pain Centers to provide lifesaving heart care wherever you live or work. Our Brain & Stroke Network delivers stroke emergency treatment across our hospitals, including 24/7 neurosurgery coverage. For patients undergoing joint replacement surgery, our Joint Club support system is available at each of our locations to provide rehabilitation services where you need them.
Innovative Technology and Approaches
At Baptist Health System, we’re constantly looking for new ways to improve your care. That’s why we innovate with new technology and advanced care techniques that you won’t find anywhere else in the area.
We’re the first and only hospital around to offer a Comprehensive Stroke Center. To more effectively treat arrhythmia, we’ve introduced Stereotaxis robotic treatment and implantable Watchman devices. In fact, we were the first hospital system in San Antonio to perform robotic-assisted surgery, and offer Mayser robotic-assisted spine surgery to offer the potential for a faster recovery, shorter stay and less pain.
Treatment with Compassion
As important as technology is, we’re more than just machines and accreditations. Our highly trained, professional staff is the reason we’re able to provide quality, compassionate care for you. They’re the core to our successful corporate wellness program, which provides basic free screenings for cholesterol, diabetes risk and more to work places and communities. And our dedicated Children’s Emergency Department would not be able to provide patient satisfaction scores consistently above the 90th percentile without a staff that prioritizes a welcoming experience.
Our Awards and Accreditations
- Acute Rehabilitation Center — accredited by The Joint Commission and The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
- Stroke Gold Plus Award — Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke program by the American Heart Association
- Target: Stroke Honor Roll — American Heart Association
- vHeart Sonography Accreditation — Intersocietal accreditation Commission in Echocardiography
- Afib Bronze Award — Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke program by the American Heart Association
- Comprehensive Community Cancer Program — accredited by the Commission on Cancer
- Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksite — American Heart Association
- Baptist Breast Center
- Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence — American College of Radiology
- South Texas Lung Institute
- Lung Cancer Alliance Center of Excellence
- Lung Cancer Screening Center of Excellence — American College of Radiology
- All hospitals are Accredited Chest Pain Centers