The specific dates for each program may vary slightly due to several factors, including available dates for New Employee Orientation. For the most accurate information regarding specific start and end dates for the program(s) you are interested in, please contact us at (210) 297-9750
We see the screening process as a two-way discovery, so we encourage applicants to come with questions. Interviews are typically 45-60 minutes in length with the final 10-15 minutes reserved for any questions you may have about our program. In all interviews, interviewers will have received and reviewed your application materials prior to the interview. Interviewers will ask questions to expand on your application materials, get to know you more and get a sense for what kind of learner you are.
- Internship applicants will meet with the Certified Educator (CE) and sometimes also the Certified Educator Candidate (CEC) or a Pastoral Care staff member.
- Residency applicants will meet with a small committee including the CE, the CEC and two members of either the Pastoral Care staff or the PAG committee.
- Certified Educator Candidates will meet with a small committee including the CE, the Chief of Mission and Ministry, and the available Directors of Pastoral Care. CEC applicants will also have a peer interview with the current group of Resident students.
There is a $35.00 fee to process your application. Each applicant is responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses. Applications submitted electronically (e-mail) will be held until the application fee is received.
If accepted, there is a $50.00 tuition deposit required to ensure your position in the program. All forms of payment (check, money order, etc.) should be made payable to Baptist Health System. Baptist Health System does not currently accept card payments. Mailing address below.
All tuition is charged by unit of CPE. Tuition is typically due several weeks into the start of the unit, once any scholarship funds have been distributed.
- Internship: $350
- Residency: $350 for the first unit of CPE and $300 for each subsequent unit ($1,250 for the year)
- Certified Educator Candidate: paid by the system
Tuition assistance may be available through the gracious support of the Baptist Health Foundation of San Antonio (BHFSA). All students are eligible to apply to BHFSA for scholarship funds. BHFSA grants scholarships based on financial need or academic merit.
All students are given scholarship information and application as part of program orientation. Tuition is not charged to students until after scholarship funds are distributed.
Yes, we do provide stipends to our students. They are as follows:
- Summer Internship: $1,000, distributed as a lump sum at the conclusion of the program
- Fall Extended Internship: $500, distributed as a lump sum at the conclusion of the program
- Residency: $30,000 annually, considered hourly employees and paid on a bi-weekly schedule
- Certified Educator Candidate: $35,000 annually, salaried
Students in the Summer Intensive and Fall Extended program are not eligible for benefits. Students in the Residency and Certified Educator Candidate program are eligible for benefits including health, dental and paid time off.
Baptist Health System is not able to sponsor any Visas. If you are an international applicant, you will need to have your denomination or other organization sponsor your Visa.