Physician Practice Opportunities
SPECIALTY: Pediatric General Surgery
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Employed
Baptist Children's Hospital is expanding access to pediatric surgery in our rewarding, multi-cultural community. Service will cover the children's hospital, located within the North Central Baptist Hospital campus, and extend to our second Level IV NICU at St. Luke’s Baptist Hospital.
- Program features a team of experienced pediatric sub-specialists including: anesthesiology, GI, urology, neurology, cardiology, endocrinology, nephrology, infectious disease, pulmonology, orthopedics, and more
- Full-time pediatric hospitalist program
- 24/7 access to neonatology
- Extensive pediatric imaging services
- 2 Level IV NICUs with a combined total of 108-licensed-beds
- 35-bed pediatric medical-surgical floor, 10-bed PICU
- Level III pediatric trauma center with dedicated emergency department
- Certified child-life specialists, therapy dogs, and child-life play area
- Baptist Children’s Hospital is the system’s hub for our 6 acute care and 8 neighborhood hospitals
- Position will be joining South Texas Pediatric Specialists - part of the BHS Physicians Network with over 200 local providers
Successful candidates will be BC/BE in pediatric surgery by the appropriate ABMS/AOA member board and have at least two years of experience.
Home to some of San Antonio’s most highly respected and experienced physicians, the Baptist Health System has proudly served the healthcare needs of our community with a mission of excellence and integrity for over century.
THE BAPTIST HEALTH SYSTEM STRIVES TO KEEP YOUR APPLICATION AND CONTACT INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL. PLEASE, NO AGENCY SOLICITATION. PLEASE CONTACT THE PHYSICIAN RECRUITMENT TEAM FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS.
A city rich in history, bursting with culture, and booming with modern attractions, San Antonio invites residents and visitors to discover what's old and explore what's new. From our spectacular parks and green spaces, to festive seasonal events, to local shopping, dining, and drinking, we have it all. The Alamo, an 18th century Spanish mission preserved as a museum, marks an infamous battle for Texan independence from Mexico. Following the San Antonio River, the miles-long River Walk is a landmark pedestrian promenade lined with cafes and shops. Get a bird's-eye view of the city from HemisFair Park's 750-ft Tower of the Americas. Explore a variety of museums, enjoy the symphony or theater, celebrate during Fiesta, or catch a Spurs game. There is something for everyone!
- No state income tax
- Multiple school districts awarded and/or nominated for Excellence in Education
- Professional sports - San Antonio Spurs, Missions baseball, FC soccer, and the annual Stock Show & Rodeo.