We are closely monitoring positive COVID-19 cases in our area, and we continue to work with Metropolitan Health, state health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to respond appropriately.
With our COVID SAFE guidelines in place, we have expanded our visitation policy to one visitor per patient in our Emergency Department, Inpatient and Outpatient areas at all of the Baptist Health System hospitals.
Our updated visitation policy is as follows:
- Emergency Department – One visitor
- Inpatient or Outpatient – One Designated Visitor during Visiting Hours
- Pediatric & NICU inpatients– Two identification (ID) banded parents can remain with the patient at all times
- Labor & Delivery patients – One designated visitor can remain with the patient as a support person
- Surgery/Procedure patients – One designated visitor can:
- Escort the patient to registration
- Remain in the designated waiting room/lobbies during the patient’s procedure, wearing a facemask and practicing social distancing
- Patients with Disabilities – One designated visitor can remain with the patient at all times
- Visitors are not permitted for patients in isolation for COVID-19. Alternative communication tools are encouraged for visiting with family and friends (e.g. tablets, phone, etc.)
All visitors will be screened upon entry to the hospital for temperature, respiratory symptoms and exposure and/or pending test results. Visitors will not be granted access for failed or refused screening.
- Visitors are required to wear a facemask that covers both their nose and mouth (bandanas are not acceptable and any facemasks with an exhalation valve must be covered or replaced), sanitize their hands and follow social distancing guidelines.
- No minors under the age of 16 may visit these areas.
- Visiting hours are from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Visitation restrictions are flexible to special needs situations such as:
- The patient is at end of life
- Access to clergy at a patient’s request
- Family/visitor is departing for military deployment
We thank you for understanding the need for this policy in order to best ensure the safety of our patients, staff, physicians and visitors.
Restrictions for Hospital Entry/Exit
We are limiting hospital entry points to facilitate employee, physician, visitor and vendor screening and community safety.
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.