Cancer Care and Treatment
Compassionate Cancer Care Close to Home
Tradition combined with innovation — that’s the Baptist difference. At Baptist, we’re committed to providing advanced cancer treatment that is both personalized and compassionate.
At Baptist Health System, we offer you:
- Five convenient locations providing high-quality cancer care accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
- Diagnostic imaging centers in seven locations.
- Minimally invasive surgery for breast cancer and prostate cancer. Robotic-assisted surgery offers the potential for smaller incisions, less infection risk and faster and less painful recovery.
- Multiple, dedicated NAPBC accredited Breast Care Centers to streamline breast care imaging, diagnosis and treatment
- Personalized, concierge-style service offered by our breast care navigators to facilitate care and expedite appointments.
- Genetic counseling and genetic testing. Our genetic counselors work with you to create a personalized care plan aimed at lowering the likelihood of developing cancer or catching it at the earliest stage possible.
Why Choose Baptist Cancer Care?
We’re at the leading edge of cancer care in San Antonio, offering care based on a new model for breast cancer care with advanced reconstruction surgery and robotic-assisted surgery for prostate cancer.
Our tradition of providing excellence in cancer care is reflected in our accreditation and distinctions from the Commission on Cancer. All of our hospitals provide cancer care accredited by the Commission on Cancer. The Commission is a national consortium of professional organizations that establishes rigorous standards to help ensure excellence in cancer care. Our hospitals have maintained this accreditation for more than a decade, demonstrating our dedication to improving survival and quality of life for those in our community suffering from cancer.
From cancer screenings to treatments, Baptist aims to be your first choice for quality cancer care in South Texas. We offer comprehensive, accredited cancer services at each of our San Antonio hospitals and convenient diagnostic imaging services at multiple centers throughout the city. You can trust that at Baptist, you’ll receive high-quality, comprehensive cancer care close to home.
Learn More About the Baptist Cancer Center
The Baptist Cancer Center represents our commitment to providing high-quality care for cancer patients and those at increased risk for developing cancer. The dedicated experts at the Center oversee all inpatient and outpatient cancer care, education and research activities. This coordinated approach means a more seamless experience for you.
Take a Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
With our easy-to-use breast cancer risk assessment tool, you can:
- Estimate your five-year and lifetime risk of breast cancer.
- Compare your risk to the average for your age and ethnicity.
- Identify the different types of breast cancer risk factors.
- Print your results to discuss with your doctor.
Find a Cancer Specialist
Don’t wait another day to receive the quality cancer care you deserve. Our referral specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call (866) 309-2873.