Home Health Services
Get Clinical Support at Home
Your primary care doctor often prescribes home health services when you or a loved one need additional clinical support at home. Many times, patients have had a recent hospital stay where a condition was stabilized and now they’re being discharged to their home where additional skilled services can be provided.
Our Home Care Services
It is Baptist’s goal to consistently provide superior skilled nursing and therapy in an effort to help you or a loved one keep up with daily activities. Baptist Home Health is located in San Antonio, and has been recognized as a Home Care Elite home health agency 2012 and 2013.
We serve the greater San Antonio community, including Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Wilson, Atascosa, Medina, Bandera and Kerr counties. We accept Medicare, commercial insurance plans and private pay coverage.
Our Specialty Programs
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)/cardiac care
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)/pneumonia
- Total joint replacements
Common conditions that may require home health care include: CHF, COPD, pneumonia, stroke, hip replacement, knee replacement, general muscle weakness, infusion therapy and many other therapies and treatments that your doctor finds would be best delivered at home.
Home Health Services
- Skilled nursing: Licensed nurses assess and monitor the patient’s health needs educating patients and caregivers in collaboration with the patient’s primary care doctor. Example of skilled nursing care provided in the home include: medication management education, wound care, care for ostomies (surgically created openings for drainage), post-surgical care, disease management education, urinary catheter insertion/maintenance, injections and infusions.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapists help patients regain functional mobility and gross motor skills through therapeutic exercise, balance activities and ambulation training.
- Occupational therapy: Occupational therapists help patients regain daily living skills by using fine motor, cognitive, perceptual and sensory tasks.
- Speech therapy: Speech therapists help patients regain the ability to produce and understand speech as well as facilitate communication skills and manage swallowing disorders.
- Social work services: Medical social workers specialize in evaluating the social and emotional factors that affect the ill and disabled. By connecting patients and families with community resources, the medical social worker helps families and patients manage the stress associated with health challenges.
- Aides: Home health aides assist patients in completing daily living and personal care tasks, including bathing, as part of the overall skilled plan of care.
- Additional service coordination may include:
- In-home PT/INR checks
- Swallowing studies
- Wound care
- Diabetes care
- Respiratory therapy
- Durable medical equipment (DME)
Get Started Today
To learn more about how to request home health services, call us at (210) 558-9606.