Compassionate Care for Your Child
If your child suffers from a neurological disorder, such as cerebral palsy or epilepsy, the experts at Baptist Regional Children’s Center at North Central Baptist Hospital can help. Our pediatric neurology program provides comprehensive treatment for a variety of acute and chronic disorders of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves, and our doctors and nurses specialize in working with infants, children and teens.
At Baptist, our doctors diagnose and treat a wide range of pediatric neurological diseases and conditions, including:
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Movement disorders, such as tics or tremors
- Neonatal neurology problems (neonatal seizures, perinatal asphyxia)
- Neurometabolic and neurogenetic diseases
- Migraine and chronic headaches
- Spasticity conditions such as cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy, neuropathies and other neuromuscular disorders
- Congenital and developmental deformities
- Autism, attention deficit hyperactivity (ADHD) and other learning disabilities
- Neurological sleep disorders
Why Choose Baptist?
When it comes to conditions affecting your child’s delicate brain or spine, only highly specialized care will do. The pediatric neurologists and neurosurgeons at Baptist work collaboratively with other pediatric subspecialties to offer multidisciplinary, high-level, compassionate care for your child. Why should you choose Baptist for your child’s care?
- Dedicated pediatric spine program providing comprehensive treatment for a variety of spinal cord disorders and deformities
- Pediatric orthopedic and spinal surgery performed by experienced fellowship-trained surgeons
- Highly trained orthopedic surgeons, anesthesiologists and intensivists whose primary goal is getting your child healthy and optimizing his or her recovery time
- Warm, nurturing, family-centered environment to make your child as comfortable as possible
- State-of-the-art sophisticated equipment for epilepsy monitoring and intensive neurological rehabilitation
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) for critically ill children
- Child-life area and certified child-life specialists to provide your child and family with a welcoming, positive experience
Comprehensive Epilepsy Monitoring and Treatment
Epilepsy, a brain condition that makes your child more susceptible to seizures, can have a profound impact on your child’s life. At Baptist, we understand how difficult epilepsy can be for your child and family — it’s why we’re always looking for more efficient and innovative ways to diagnose and treat the condition.
We offer at-home, 24-hour EEG monitoring. This technique enables your child to be monitored for seizures from home while sleeping, which may reduce the need for repeat hospital visits. We also offer a variety of other treatment options, including antiepileptic drugs, special diets and vagal nerve stimulator therapy.
Compassionate, family-centered care that’s sensitive to the unique needs of children with epilepsy. That’s Baptist Care.
Request an Appointment
For more information, or to request an appointment with a Baptist pediatric neurologist, call (210) 297-7005. Our referral specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.