Get Back to Living a Full Life
Every illness and injury requiring rehabilitation is unique, and so are you. At Baptist Health System, we know that no two recovery plans should be the same, so we put our focus on high-quality, customized rehab services. The goal of rehabilitation and physical therapy is to get you back to living a full and independent life, and that starts with learning. Baptist’s rehab specialists get to know you, and we work with you and your family to understand what you’re facing so we can give you exactly the care you need.
Why Choose Baptist?
At Baptist, we provide comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services for:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord dysfunction
- Neurological and degenerative disorders
- Orthopedic conditions
- Major multiple trauma
- Parkinson's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Our inpatient rehabilitation program features:
- A minimum of three hours of physical and occupational therapy five days a week
- A team of rehab specialists directed and monitored by doctors
- A personalized treatment plan based on your priorities
- Family and caregiver training
- Home evaluations, in which physical therapists determine your needs and make recommendations for home equipment/alterations
- Psychological services and pastoral care to help you cope with lifestyle changes or spiritual needs
Baptist Inpatient Rehab Centers are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation, Stroke (only accredited CARF accredited stroke program in San Antonio), and Inpatient Amputee Rehabilitation (only accredited Amputee program in Texas outside of the VA).
Inpatient Cancer Services
We also provide inpatient rehabilitation services for cancer and work closely with your cancer care team to create a program designed just for you. Your rehabilitation team will consist of a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor, rehabilitation-certified nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, nutritionists and a psychologist. Your daily schedule will consist of three hours of therapy with the goal of getting you back home. Your rehab team will work closely with your cancer team for the next stage of your recovery.
For more information about our inpatient services, call 29-REHAB (297-3422).