Get Back to Living a Full Life
Every illness and injury requiring rehabilitation is unique, and so are you. Should a person experience a physical, life-changing event, Baptist Inpatient Rehab Centers can provide a comprehensive recovery. A sudden change in the ability to perform daily activities can have a serious effect on the quality of a person’s life. Our focus is on both the physical and emotional well-being of patients by bringing together a team of highly trained professionals to deal with every aspect of treatment and recovery.
Why Choose Baptist?
At Baptist, we provide comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation services for:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord dysfunction
- Neurological and degenerative disorders
- Orthopedic conditions
- Major multiple trauma
- Parkinson's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Our inpatient rehabilitation program features:
- Board certified rehabilitation physicians who lead the rehab teams which include:
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses (CRRN)
- Therapists with advanced training and certifications in Stroke, Neuro Therapy, Orthopedics and Amputee Rehabilitation
- A minimum of three hours of therapy to include at least 2 of the following: physical, occupational, and speech therapy at minimum five days a week
- A personalized treatment plan based on your needs
- Family and caregiver training
- Home evaluations, in which staff evaluates your needs and makes recommendations for home equipment/alterations
- Psychological services and pastoral care to help you cope with lifestyle changes or spiritual needs
Baptist Inpatient Rehab Centers are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation, Stroke (only accredited CARF accredited stroke program in San Antonio), and Inpatient Amputee Rehabilitation (only accredited Amputee program in Texas outside of the VA).
Inpatient Cancer Services
We also provide inpatient rehabilitation services for cancer and work closely with your cancer care team to create a program designed just for you. Your rehabilitation team will consist of a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor, rehabilitation-certified nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, nutritionists and a psychologist. Your daily schedule will consist of three hours of therapy with the goal of getting you back home. Your rehab team will work closely with your cancer team for the next stage of your recovery.
For more information about our inpatient services, call 29-REHAB (297-3422).
Inpatient Rehab Scope of Services