Inpatient Stroke Rehabilitation
Our stroke rehab program works to provide stroke survivors with wellness and comfort for a lifetime. We help return our patients to their families and communities, ease their pain, promote mobility and help them to create productive futures. Baptist Inpatient Rehab Centers is the only CARF accredited Stroke Program in San Antonio.
To make a referral or for more information, call 29-REHAB (297-3422).
Inpatient Stroke Rehab
Our inpatient stroke rehab program offers:
- Access to expert stroke specialists, consultants and diagnostic tests
- Stroke education through our “Reconnections” program
- Stroke support groups
- Wii Therapy Program
- Therapists trained in Neuro Therapy
- Family involvement
- We work with you and your family to create a stroke treatment plan
- Staff members teach family members to assist with therapy at home
- Family members develop skills to help during treatment and after discharge
- Peer Mentors
- A peer mentor is a person who is also a stroke survivor. The peer mentor can be an excellent help in providing insight and hope for the future. For more information, call Elizabeth Johnson at (210) 297-5192
"Reconnections" with stroke education
Knowledge is often one of the only things that can make a difficult situation bearable. If you or a family member is at risk of having a stroke or currently recovering from one, Baptist’s free "Reconnections" program offers stroke education to help you stay informed and in control.
We offer classes for patients and caregivers through the Brain and Stroke Network at Baptist Health System.
View our Reconnection Schedule