HealthLink Rehab Centers
Whether you’re seeking treatment for a life-long condition or you have recently experienced a traumatic life event, Baptist rehab specialists can ease your pain and improve your quality of life.
We focus on goal setting and progress so you continue to become the most independent person you can be.
More than just going through the motions
Baptist HealthLink Rehabilitation offers personalized treatment programs, which include the following types of general therapy services in addition to many other highly specialized services:
- Physical/Orthopedic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Neurological Therapy
- Pediatric/NICU Rehab (age 0-5yrs)
HealthLink Orthopedic Outpatient Rehab - Physical Therapy
At Baptist HealthLink, our technology and techniques are advanced, but our rehab treatment is about much more than innovative technology and procedures. Our highly trained physical therapists will customize plan of care to ensure you achieve your maximum independence and optimal physical mobility.
We will do our best to help with pain or problems in any of the following areas…
- Neck and back Rehab (spine)
- Arm: Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Leg: Hip, knee, ankle and foot
... Using any of the following techniques
- Manual Therapy: mobilization and manipulation of joints of the spine and joints of the body
- Fellowship and Mastery Trained Manual therapists
- Fellow of the America Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT)
- Mastery Certification in Manual Therapy (MCMT)
- Aquatic Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy Rehab Institute Certification (ATRIC) trained therapist who treat Chronic pain, RA, OA, Fibromyalgia, Limited weight bearing s/p injury
- McKenzie Method
- Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy Certification: Low back pain, Neck Pain, Disc Pathology
- Sports Rehab: Transitional Rehab, Return to sport, Injury prevention training; access to licensed athletic trainers for onsite training
- Home program instruction: individualized exercises that complement therapy for long-term management
- Mobility/transfer training: therapist teaches functional movement, such as how to get in and out of a bed, chair or car and stair climbing
- Therapeutic exercise prescriptions aims to improve range of motion, strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Walking therapy (gait training) provides exercises and activities that restore normal walking patterns
Specialized HealthLink Rehab Services - Physical Therapy
Baptist HealthLink offers the following types of specialized orthopedic outpatient therapy:
- Vestibular Therapy
- Dry Needling: Trained physical therapist administer monofilament needles to target areas of muscle tightness or spasm in order to decrease pain, promote healing, increase range of motion and improve function.
- Pelvic Health
- Lymphedema: Certified therapists will hands-on, compression or wrapping techniques to recirculate fluid swelling after disruption of the lymph; Reduces swelling in upper and lower extremities
- Kinesiotaping: Certified therapists offer Advanced Taping Techniques for most musculoskeletal conditions to ensure the muscles are functioning maximally
- Cardiac Therapy-Phase 3: Exercise prescription designed for patients after a cardiac event; vitals monitored by licensed therapist (no telemetry monitoring)
- Cancer Rehab Services: Whether you are newly diagnosed, in mid-treatment, or a survivor, rehabilitation may be able assist you by improving functional capacity and help you reach your highest functional potential.
- Amputee Care and Rehab: therapist may help to regain mobility and strength, prosthesis care, restore ability to walk.
HealthLink Outpatient Occupational Therapy
At Baptist HealthLink, our occupational therapists assist patients with physical, neurological, developmental, or emotional disabilities lead more independent, productive and satisfying lives.
Commonly treated methods are:
- Certified Hand Therapy (CHT): Development of advanced orthosis for the hand. S/p tendon/nerve repairs, lacerations, fractures, OA, carpal/cubital tunnel, etc.
- Custom splinting, supporting, aligning, preventing, or correcting deformities to improve the function of movable parts of the body
- ADL training, an exercise program which restores the ability to perform daily activities like dressing, bathing, eating, cooking and community living
- Hand therapy (manual therapy), to regain function of the hand joints and surrounding tissues through hands-on manipulation
- Neurological therapy, an exercise-based program geared toward returning patients to activities of daily living (ADLs), work and/or prior levels of function after damage to the neurological system including stroke, brain injury or any other disruption of the nervous system
HealthLink Outpatient Speech Therapy
At Baptist, we treat speech and communication disorders using oral-motor work, speech drills to improve clarity, or sound production practice to improve articulation.
Commonly treated speech problems include:
- Speech/Language Impairment
- Cognitive Disorders
- Lee Silverman Voice Training LSVT
HealthLink –Pediatric Rehab Services
Our Baptist HealthLink Pediatric rehab clinic consists of a unique group of Physical, Occupational and Speech therapists who are highly specialized in comprehensive services along a continuum of care from the NICU to outpatient rehabilitation. We provide care for infants and children with the following developmental, neurological, or behavioral disorders:
- Congenital abnormalities or genetic syndromes
- Infants born prematurely or who required support in the NICU
- Motor, language, cognitive, and/or other developmental delays
- Neurobehavioral disorders
- Neurological disorders such as, cerebral palsy, stroke or traumatic brain injury
- Sensory losses such as visual or hearing impairment
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Nutritional services for infants and children with feeding management issues
- And so much more!