Mental Health Services
Nothing is scarier than feeling like you can’t fully control your own thoughts or emotions. At Baptist, we provide inpatient short-term crisis stabilization for adults experiencing psychiatric or emotional difficulties.
Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Program
Our acute inpatient psychiatric program at Baptist Medical Center provides high quality behavioral healthcare and dual diagnosis services, which is treatment of co-occurring mental health and substance abuse issues. We provide mental health treatments in a safe, structured environment through a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Receives an individualized treatment plan
- Works with our clinical staff to stabilize symptoms
- Develops the skills to return safely to the community
- Learns how to function in daily life, including coping mechanisms for work, school or family life
- Learns healthy methods for resolving problems in order to enjoy a more full life
- Receives compassionate care in a safe environment
Patient and family education are also important components of the behavioral and mental health treatment process. Family members form the main support system for our patients, both in treatment and in their daily life.
Clinical and Professional Team
Our team of mental health specialists includes:
- Clinical coordinators
- Clinical nurses (RNs)
- Clinical therapists
- Medical doctors
- Pastoral staff
- Recreational therapists
- Utilization review managers