San Antonio Sleep Centers
If you have ever had a hard day due to a sleepless night, you know how frustrating and difficult it can make your life. We know how important it is to get sleep, and we can work with you to improve the quality of yours.
Because sleep disorders do not occur during the day, they are difficult to diagnose. That is why Baptist offers sleep studies in order to diagnose and treat sleep disorders.
Symptoms of sleep disorders include:
- Loud snoring
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Falling asleep at inappropriate times like driving a vehicle or in a work meeting
- Nighttime chest pain
- High blood pressure
The dangers of sleeplessness
For most people, lack of sleep is annoying. For some, sleep problems can be dangerous or even deadly.
Consider the following facts about sleep apnea, a common sleep disorder.
- Is associated with strokes, heart attacks, cardiac arrhythmias and even sudden death
- Sleep Apnea Is more common than asthma
- Sleep Apnea Is estimated to cause more than 38,000 cardiovascular deaths
- Makes people seven times more likely to have automobile accidents
Once detected, most sleep disorders can be corrected, so don’t wait until it’s too late to get help.