Accredited Chest Pain Centers
When you need heart help fast, Baptist’s accredited chest pain emergency centers throughout San Antonio are here to deliver life-saving care. With six accredited chest pain hospitals, we’re close to where you live and work and ready
to serve you within minutes. Excellent, rapid, compassionate heart care. That’s Baptist Care.
When minutes matter.
Baptist provides the best in heart care, close to home. Accreditation distinguishes our Chest Pain Centers from other facilities. Accreditation means we employ rapid diagnosis and treatment of chest pain, assessment of patients, and ensure staff training
and competency. The designation by the American College of Cardiology establishes our hospitals as leaders in cardiovascular care in San Antonio and South Texas.
Accreditation is a process aimed at ensuring patients receive the highest quality of chest pain care. The ACC's goal is to significantly reduce the mortality rate of heart attack patients by reducing the time it takes to receive treatment and increasing
the accuracy and effectiveness of treatment.
All of Baptist’s Chest Pain Centers have demonstrated expertise and commitment to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria and completing on-site evaluations by a review team from the ACC.
Accredited Chest Pain Centers must demonstrate expertise in:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring Chest Pain Center personnel competency and training
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack