Recipe: Turkey Scrambler Pita
When you’re in the mood for a special breakfast, or when it’s a breakfast-for-dinner day, consider whipping up the Turkey Scrambler Pita. Packed with protein, not calories, this recipe has a nice kick with turmeric, a spice that’s proven to have a positive effect on the heart.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz ground turkey, extra lean
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp part skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets
- Heat oil in medium skillet. Sauté onions, mushrooms, and zucchini until soft (approx. 3-5 minutes). Add spices to vegetables.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and stir until fully cooked.
- Add eggs and stir into the vegetable and turkey mixture, scrambling until fully cooked.
- Fill 1/2 whole wheat pita pocket with 1/2 cup turkey scrambler mixture and 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
Nutritional Information: 240 Calories; Fat 9.1 g; Total Carbs 20 g; Fiber 3 gm; Sodium 439 mg; Protein 18 gm
Sign Up for Health Tips
Get our advice and upcoming events about weight, pain, heart and more.