The PICU at Baptist Children's Hospital
The Children's Hospital at North Central Baptist is proud to offer you a fully equipped and staffed PICU in northern San Antonio. When your child is critically ill, seriously injured or recovering from major surgery, the Children's Hospital PICU at North
Central Baptist provides you with expert pediatric critical care. We offer comprehensive, innovative care to our critically ill pediatric patients, from infants to teens. Board-certified pediatric intensivists, certified pediatric intensive care nurses
and specially trained pediatric staff, all certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), deliver individualized, personal, hands-on care to your child and family.
The Baptist Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) maintains a total of 10 beds staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by expert pediatric intensivists. In addition, our pediatric subspecialists are available 24/7 for your child's unique needs.
Our Child Life Specialists are on site and ready to help prepare and support your child throughout their entire hospital experience, including all of your child’s
tests and procedures.
Baptist Health System's PICU team offers expert, focused care to critically ill pediatric patients. Our services include:
- Advanced radiology
- Mechanical and high-frequency oscillatory ventilation (conventional and non-conventional) and an inhaled nitric oxide program
- Pediatric sedation services
- Bedside surgical procedures
- Respiratory therapy
- Nutrition management
- Specialized and expert nursing team
- Life support services
- Subspecialty pediatric, neonatal and maternal transport team
- Specialty physician services for infants with congenital conditions