Delivering the highest level of safe care for your new beginnings in South Texas.
We know that having a baby can be exciting and overwhelming at times. At The Nest at Baptist Health System in San Antonio, we understand these feelings and we are here with expertise and compassionate care for moms, their babies and their families.
While every birth at each Baptist location is unique, they all share one thing in common, and that is a team that strives to provide an amazing experience before, during and after delivery. Baptist Health System’s The Nest is a comprehensive health program that offers complete and personalized outpatient and inpatient obstetric care for women from pregnancy and beyond
Baptist Health offers the following patient- and family-focused services:
- Online pre-registration
- Pre-admission testing
- Concierge Navigator “Great Expectations” Program – registered nurses who help you with the registration process, schedule obstetric classes, facilitate neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) consultations, when necessary, and address any other concerns that may arise.
- Breastfeeding support and lactation center services – include lactation consultations, weight checks, bra fittings, telephone assistance and bank collection site
- Level IV NICU - for babies who require special care due to complications, such as premature delivery or congenital disabilities
- Childbirth education classes
- Mommy-to-be tours
- Dedicated operating rooms
- Private labor and delivery suites
- Private postpartum suites
- Specialized high-risk antepartum care
- Family-centered care and resources
- Guest accommodations for your support person
- Midwifery services – midwives work in collaboration with physicians to help manage primary care issues, such as family planning, pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum period and care of newborns
At The Nest at Baptist Health System, we have experienced obstetrician-gynecologists (OB/GYNs) ready to serve you with warmth and expertise as well as the technical skill and clinical judgment that are vital to a positive delivery experience.
Our team of professionals specializes in the care of high-risk and multiple pregnancies, and our facilities are equipped with neonatal intensive care units (NICUs), including the highest level of neonatal care.
Expectant mothers who give birth in our facilities can count on our board-certified obstetric hospitalists to deliver safe care, regardless of the time of day or physician group.
Research suggests that obstetric and OB/GYN hospitalists may help improve the quality and safety of obstetric care, including lower cesarean delivery rates and higher vaginal birth after cesarean delivery rates.
At The Nest at Baptist Health System, everything we do is in effort to provide the best care possible for you and your baby. Our OB hospitalist program elevates patient safety and enhances the quality of care for women, newborns and their families.
Here are the ways our OB Hospitalist Program may benefit you and your baby:
- If your physician is not available, OB hospitalists can examine you, evaluate the progress of your labor and review test results and fetal heart rate tracings. They are able to address any evolving issues and help provide you and your baby with a safe delivery if needed.
- Since the OB hospitalist is hospital-based, they will always be on-site to visit you, monitor your progress and discuss any questions or concerns you or your family may have.
- Our OB hospitalists will be in communication with your physician, midwife and other care providers to help ensure continuity of care and a collaborative birthing experience.
Our team of compassionate and board-certified obstetric nurses will be with you every step of the way, helping you follow your birth plan as closely as possible, educate you and your family about healthy pregnancy and childbirth, conduct tests and help monitor your health and well-being in preparation for your delivery day.
Obstetric Patient Navigators
Patient navigators help patients gain access to a range of health services. They may help arrange transportation, complete documentation for missed work and minimize out-of-pocket expenses by helping patients understand and utilize insurance coverage. Navigators may also provide social support to patients, assist the patient-provider relationship and connect patients with professional psychological support.
When you give birth at any Nest facility with a patient navigator, everything we do is to make your journey as stress-free as possible. Our full-time patient navigators will help you get prepared and show you what to expect during your hospital stay, including the following services:
- Assist you with the pre-registration paperwork and financial estimate process
- Provide help in finding an obstetrician and/or pediatrician
- Guide you through your breastfeeding journey
- Send you weekly updates specific to your gestation to help you stay on top of your pregnancy
- Have a personal contact available for questions about the hospital and delivery process
- Facilitate neonatal intensive care unit consultations if your baby needs special care
Maternal and NICU Transfer Services
Sometimes complications arise as you welcome the arrival of your baby. Our facilities offer maternal transport services for patients with pregnancy, pre-term labor, fetal growth issues or other conditions. We are also equipped with the expertise as well as medical, surgical, obstetric and pediatric resources to conduct NICU inter-facility transfers for newborns requiring critical care, including hypothermia therapy. Our experienced OB-registered nurses and experienced neonatal and pediatric support teams will monitor you and your baby while in transit.
Schedule an Appointment
To learn more about our network of hospitals, services and location details, visit the Baptist Health System website.