HealthLink Outpatient Rehab
Whether you have undergone surgery or are experiencing pain, at Baptist HealthLink we pride ourselves in providing outstanding patient care during the recovery process. Our therapists are dedicated to health and well-being throughout your therapy treatment. HealthLink is here to help you recover quickly and maintain health for life.
HealthLink Rehab Treatment
At Baptist HealthLink, we have a variety of specialty services that can help you get back to your daily routine and deal with the challenges you may be experiencing. We offer physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy, including specialized care for orthopedics, vestibular dysfunctions, cardiac care, women’s and men’s pelvic health, hand therapy, post stroke care and much more.
The HealthLink Difference
- A results-driven plan of care created by the therapist
- A staff of licensed physical therapists and rehab specialists
- New Patient Appointment availability within 48 hours
- Accepts more types of insurance than any other facility in San Antonio
- 98% percent of HealthLink patients meet or exceeded their therapy goals
- 99% would recommend HealthLink to family and friends.
To refer a patient or schedule an appointment at HealthLink, call (210) 297-9907.
HealthLink Direct Access
HealthLink now offers Direct Access, which allows you to be evaluated and treated by a Physical Therapist without a doctor’s referral. You will have up to 10 business days from the date of evaluation to be treated without a referral. If you require treatment beyond the 10 day period, your physical therapist will consult with your physician.
To schedule an appointment:
Call (210) 297-9907
For more information or inquiries:email@example.com
More than just going through the motions
Baptist HealthLink offers personalized treatment programs, including the following general therapy services in addition to many other highly specialized services:
- Physical/Orthopedic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Neurological Therapy
- Pediatric Rehab (age 0-10 yrs)
HealthLink Orthopedic Outpatient Rehab - Physical Therapy
At Baptist HealthLink, our technology and techniques are advanced, but our rehab treatment is about much more than innovative technology and procedures. Our highly trained physical therapists will customize a plan of care to ensure you achieve your maximum independence and optimal physical mobility.
We help with pain or problems in any of the following areas...
- Neck and back Rehab (spine)
- Arm: Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Leg: Hip, knee, ankle and foot
- Balance, memory, and endurance
- Manual Therapy: mobilization and manipulation of joints of the spine and joints of the body
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT)
- Mastery Certification in Manual Therapy (MCMT)
- Optim Certified Therapists
- Aquatic Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy Rehab Institute Certification (ATRIC) trained therapist who treat chronic pain, RA, OA, fibromyalgia, after injury or surgery
- McKenzie Method
- Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy Certification: Low back pain, Neck Pain, Disc Pathology
- Sports Rehab
- Transitional Rehab, return to sport, injury prevention training
- Access to licensed trainers for onsite training
- Home program instruction: individualized exercises that complement therapy for long-term management
- Mobility/transfer training: functional movement training, such as how to get in and out of a bed, chair or car and stair climbing
- Therapeutic exercise prescriptions aims to improve range of motion, strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Gait Training: exercises and activities to restore normal walking patterns
Healthlink Virtual Visits
Healthlink now offers virtual visits, which allows you to be evaluated and treated by a physical, occupational, or speech therapist from the comfort and safety of your own home!
A virtual visit is a great way for you to receive care at a distance. Your therapist will guide you through an evaluation and give exercise instruction just like they would during an in-clinic visit. Your therapist will provide helpful tips to decrease pain and modify your exercise plan as needed.
For more information or inquiries:
To schedule an appointment:
Call (210) 297 – 9907
Specialized HealthLink Rehab Services - Physical Therapy
Baptist HealthLink offers the following types of specialized therapies:
- Vestibular Therapy: Herdman-trained physical therapists administer specialized strategies to help decrease falls and dizzy spells.
- Dry Needling: Administration of monofilament needles targets areas of muscle tightness or spasm in order to decrease pain, promote healing, increase range of motion and improve function.
- Pelvic Health: Specialized physical therapists administer treatment to focus on different pelvic floor dysfunctions for both men and women.
- Lymphedema Therapy: Hands-on compression or wrapping techniques recirculate fluid swelling after disruption of the lymph to reduce swelling in upper and lower extremities
- Pulmonary Rehab: Techniques to improve lung function for better breathing and endurance with activity.
- Kinesiotaping: Advanced Taping Techniques maximize muscle functionality.
- Cardiac Therapy-Phase 3: Exercise prescription designed for patients after a cardiac event; vitals monitored by licensed therapist (no telemetry monitoring)
- Cancer Rehab Services: Whether you are newly diagnosed, in mid-treatment, or a survivor, rehabilitation may be able assist you by improving functional capacity and help you reach your highest functional potential.
- Amputee Care and Rehab: Help to regain mobility and strength, prosthesis care, restore ability to walk.
HealthLink Outpatient Occupational Therapy
At Baptist HealthLink, our occupational therapists assist patients with physical, neurological or developmental disabilities for more independent, productive and satisfying lives.
Common treatments include:
- Certified Hand Therapy (CHT): Therapeutic intervention to prevent dysfunction or restore function to the upper limb (hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder).
- Custom splinting: Support, alignment, prevention, or correction of deformities to improve the function of movable parts of the body.
- Activities of daily living (ADL) training: An exercise program which restores the ability to perform daily activities like dressing, bathing, eating, cooking and community living.
- Manual Therapy: Hands-on manipulation to regain function of the hand joints and surrounding tissues.
- Neurological therapy: An exercise-based program geared toward returning patients to activities of daily living (ADLs), work and/or prior levels of function after damage to the neurological system including stroke, brain injury or any other disruption of the nervous system.
HealthLink Outpatient Speech Therapy
At Baptist, we treat speech and communication disorders using oral-motor work, speech drills to improve clarity, or sound production practice to improve articulation.
Commonly treated speech problems include:
- Speech/Language Impairment
- Cognitive Disorders
- Lee Silverman Voice Training LSVT
HealthLink –Pediatric Rehab Services
Our Baptist HealthLink Pediatric rehab clinic consists of a unique group of Physical, Occupational and Speech therapists who are highly specialized in comprehensive services along a continuum of care from the NICU to outpatient rehabilitation. We provide care for infants and children with the following developmental, neurological, or behavioral disorders:
- Congenital abnormalities or genetic syndromes
- Infants born prematurely or who required support in the NICU
- Motor, language, cognitive, and/or other developmental delays
- Neurobehavioral disorders
- Neurological disorders such as cerebral palsy, stroke or traumatic brain injury
- Sensory losses such as visual or hearing impairment
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Nutritional services for infants and children with feeding management issues
- And so much more!